School of Rock – Day 15 – Celebration and Reflection

SUMMARY

• I took a School of Rock class where I learned how to write lyrics, alongside other music-making process. I’ve always had an issue with not being able to release my emotion, and lyric-writing could help me with these while also being a creative outlet. 

LEADERSHIP ACTIVITY

I have multiple song ideas. None are in active pursuit, but it’s a good way to generate and understand new thoughts.

Composition Elements

How interested were you in learning the leadership project?

Your score: 5

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

• I learned the foundation of songwriting through music theory. I learned chord structures and what pairs sound best together, and how to analyze music in depth rather than just hearing it. 

How interested were you in learning about music theory and song analysis?

Your score: 4

LAB (THEORY PRACTICED)

• DAWs weren’t really my thing. It was more helpful for me to work with someone who knew their way around it. Despite this, it’s a powerful and convenient tool that allows a single person to create music by themselves. 

How interested were you in learning about HookLab and HookTab?

Your score: 2

PRACTICE ROOM (GUITAR LESSONS)

• Guitars hurt my fingers… I like it, I also used to like it all the way back in 4th grade. but at the same time, it’s not an instrument for me.

How interested were you in learning to play the guitar?

Your score: 3

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY & THE BRAIN)

• There are ways that modify my brain to work better. There are a lot of methods, but the commonality is realizing that the brain is affected by many things. 

How interested were you in learning about topics related to the brain, creativity, and productivity?

Your score: 5

STUDIO (SONGWRITING)

• Songwriting, especially lyric writing, is not as hard as I expected. Of course, I’m still a beginner, but it’s also something that takes multiple tries to get better. 

How interested were you in learning about songwriting, song structure, and music production?

Your score: 4

CONTROL ROOM (RECORDING & MIXING)

• I didn’t focus much on this room, since I tried it out and it was evident it wasn’t my thing. I don’t remember much other than the mic test recording.

How interested were you in learning about recording, engineering (sound effects, EQ), and mixing?

Your score: 1

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

• Tell your class story here!
  • Highlight what you learned and enjoyed most for the past three weeks
  • Highlight what at least one thing you overcame that was hard for you, at first. An achievement you are proud of. 

THE COURSE’s ACTIVITY EVALUATION (OVERALL)

Content (The WHAT)

Rating: OK  – 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5  – HIGHLY ENGAGED

Rating: ?

What interested you most about the material in this class?

What was the most surprising, satisfying thing you learned that you didn’t know before?

Process (The HOW)

Rating: ?

What did you like most about the class structure, ya’know the day-to-day work? Why?

What didn’t you like most about the class structure?

If you took the class again, what would you change?