Despite not being in class, I still completed my daily activities! Check out what I did underneath.
- Yesterday night I spent some time of my own writing lyrics, to vent out frustration and anger towards someone I’ve never met. Today I worked on refining the words and making them more lyrically fitting. This is available on my Goals page.
CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)
- SongExploder.net episodes
- Holistic Songwriting’s Artist Series
- Genius’ Songs Deconstructed Series
- What Makes This Song Great Series
- “Deep End – Fousheé“
- Unrelated to the artist, Splice is a website for free music samples.
- she tried out various samples for the tone of the vocal, one being low and grounded, versus one being high and airy (her voice is naturally airy)
- her music was sampled by someone else, so she made a TikTok explaining it was her as there was a lot of misinformation spreading around.
- she was stressed from things in her life, and she turned it into a song. (demanding your worth)
- Top 5 Chord Progression
- 5. i – I
- 4. vi – IV, simple and pretty, has a lot of colors but lacks direction. relaxed
- 3. vi – I – ii – V
- 2. I – V – vi – IV, Adele’s ‘Someone Like You’. happy with a pinch of sadness (perfect blend of major and minor)
- 1. vi – IV – I – V,
WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED
- I couldn’t participate in class in person today, because I was sick. I spent today contemplating about my life and how I can turn the various emotions into music.